Tag: 上海香草419

a month agoBarcelona coach Valverde happy Messi back on pitch

first_imgAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Barcelona coach Valverde happy Messi back on pitchby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona coach Ernesto Valverde says Lionel Messi will be stronger for his game against Borussia Dortmund.The 0-0 Champions League draw was Messi’s first appearance of the season.Valverde said afterwards: “He is the same way any player would be who didn’t do a preseason and had only done four or five sessions with the group. “With hardly any preparation, he had came into a game that was already underway. It’s the first game with him and also the first full game for Luis Suarez. It’s the first step because we need the players in attack who play together.” last_img

17 days agoSpurs midfielder Eriksen: Our worst time with Pochettino

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Spurs midfielder Eriksen: Our worst time with Pochettinoby Paul Vegas17 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChristian Eriksen concedes Tottenham are going through a crisis period.Last season’s Champions League finalists have experience a disastrous few weeks.Denmark midfielder Eriksen says, “It’s the hardest period under him (manager Mauricio Pochettino). In my first season at the club it was a little up and down with the coach, but after Pochettino took over, it has almost been only success stories.”It’s a tough time for everyone. Both for people from outside and for the club.”In all clubs there is pressure when you lose. It’s on us players, too, because it’s not just the coach’s fault, since it’s us playing football.” last_img read more

Auburn’s Antoine Mason Honors Late Father On His Sneakers

first_imgAntoine Mason's sneakers remembering his father.On February 28, the basketball world lost a beloved member when former NBA star Anthony Mason passed away from congestive heart failure. Wednesday night, his son Antoine, who plays for the Auburn Tigers, paid tribute to him on his sneakers. Mason wrote “RIP DAD” on the front of his shoes, along with “God”, “Fam” and “Ball” underneath. It was Mason’s first game since the passing of his father.Antoine Mason inscribed his shoes to honor his father during tonight’s SEC tournament game #AuburnFamily pic.twitter.com/uuGW0k6ALN— AuburnPix (@AuburnPix) March 11, 2015Mason scored four points in 18 minutes and helped lead his team to a victory over Mississippi State in the SEC Tournament. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.last_img

Video: Mike Francesa Says CBS Knows Who Leaked The Bracket

first_imgMike Francesa talks about leaked CBS bracket.mike francesa cbs bracketThis past Sunday night, midway through the CBS NCAA Tournament selection show, the full bracket leaked online, sending the college basketball world into a frenzy. It was the first time in history that any part of the bracket had been revealed early.As you’d imagine, both the NCAA and CBS are taking the issue seriously. And according to WFAN’s Mike Francesa, the network already knows the source of the leak. Francesa told callers Monday that he also knows the source. Mike Francesa knows who leaked the NCAA brackets on Twitter; is not authorized to tell us,@KennyDucey @sportswatch pic.twitter.com/2C9XS3ssaX— I Nevah Said Dat! (@RNs_Funhouse) March 15, 2016Will the rest of us know by the end of the week? Maybe. If it really was one rogue employee doing the damage, you can imagine he/she is going to be in a world of trouble.[The Big Lead]last_img read more

Quebec premier outlines plan to push back against protectionist US policies

first_imgQUEBEC CITY, Que. – Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard will be heading to the United States next week to push back against U.S. President Donald Trump’s protectionist trade policies.Couillard told reporters Wednesday he’ll be in Washington D.C., on Tuesday to meet with elected officials and Trump administration representatives to denounce U.S. tariffs imposed on Canadian lumber, newsprint, steel and aluminum.He will also be in New York City on Thursday as the province aims to cultivate contacts with U.S. policy-makers, legislators and business people who are likely to support it as trade tensions escalate between the two countries.“I don’t actually know how the behaviour can be changed or predicted,” Couillard said of Trump’s policies. “What I know is that we have a lot of allies in the States, people who think like us … these are the people who we will keep in contact with.”Couillard described the spats as “skirmishes” that could eventually lead to a trade war and said he will send a message to his U.S. counterparts that there is nothing to be gained from it.The provincial government outlined an evolving series of measures to counter the protectionist policies, summed up by the words denounce and mitigate.Quebec, whose economy is closely tied to that of the United States with three-quarters of exports heading to that country, said it will also diversify its export markets going forward.He gave as an example the European Union market as well as intensifying trade with other Canadian provinces.Quebec won’t go on the offensive alone — Couillard said he spoke with Ontario premier-designate Doug Ford on Wednesday, who responded positively to his request for the two provinces to work together to stand up to the Trump administration.“On the importance of our combined economies and the need to work together, we are in total agreement,” Couillard said.last_img read more

Alaska Highway Cemetery Tour

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Join staff and volunteers of the North Peace Museum for a guided tour of the Fort St. John Cemetary.Friday, July 26th, 2019 from 7 pm to 8 pm at the Fort St. John Cemetary on 100 Avenue. Tour is $10/person and can be paid at the cemetery gate prior to the tour. The Alaska Highway has shaped the lives of residents of the North Peace over the last 77 years. Learn about those who helped with the highway’s construction as well as entrepreneurs, lodge owners, ambulance drivers, and more.To view the FB Event page; CLICK HERElast_img

Terrorism akin to cancer hurts India and Afghanistan Afghan diplomat

first_imgNew York: India and Afghanistan have been hurt by terrorism which is “like cancer” and threatens peace in the region, a top Afghan diplomat has said while appealing to the international community not to view his war-torn country as an isolated case. Speaking at an event organised at Asia Society here on Monday, National Security Adviser of Afghanistan Hamdullah Mohib said Pakistan talked about brotherhood and historical linkages but hardly shows any cooperation in combating terrorism. Also Read – Imran Khan arrives in China, to meet Prez Xi Jinping “We haven’t seen any cooperation from Pakistan,” Mohib said. Replying to a question on Afghanistan’s estimate of cooperation from Islamabad, the top diplomat said Pakistan is “always very nice, they speak about brotherhood, historical linkages and the likes but then all we see is terrorists coming our way and no brotherhood”. Mohib said India and Afghanistan were hurt by terrorism and both the countries have suffered a great deal. “We understand what the cost is that we are paying,” he said. Also Read – US blacklists 28 Chinese entities over abuses in Xinjiang “But it (terrorism) is not just a threat to India and Afghanistan. Terrorism is like cancer. It is our problem today but it will soon be someone else’s problem once it’s no longer ours,” Mohib said. Referring to the Afghanistan-Pakistan Action Plan for Peace and Solidarity (APAPPS), he said the plan stayed only on paper and did not get implemented. “There hasn’t been any action (on APAPPS) and there is no interest from Pakistan to implement it. There is no cooperation with Afghanistan in any aspect,” he said. Mohib said Afghanistan had diversified its trade from Pakistan, stressing that if it had not done so, the prices of the food items would have skyrocketed this year due to drought. “We have diversified into our northern route through Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan now and through Iran by Chabahar connecting to India. It has opened up opportunities for Afghanistan not only to increase our trade but also to give us more options for import. We had to do that,” he said. Mohib said the easiest and cheapest way for these trade routes for Afghanistan would have been through Pakistan but Islamabad has failed to act. “We have never seen any progress on action. And so until we see willingness to make action, we are not going to buy any more words from Pakistan,” he said. Mohib stressed that it was important that the international community does not view Afghanistan as an isolated case. “It’s an issue that is shared. We are taking the brunt of the issue here and making the sacrifices. If this were to end in Afghanistan – and not in the way that we would want it to be, which is a clear defeat of non-state actors and proxy groups – this precedent could start to haunt other countries in our immediate neighbourhood to begin with,” he said. On the issue of security in the region and terrorism, he said non-state actors were a “dangerous precedents to allow”. “A lot of countries think that because they have not been hit by non-state actors, it’s not their problem. Letting this precedent to be opens doors and opportunities for other groups to operate. “If one of these groups were to be successful, for whatever their objectives may be, it leaves the precedent for many others who are also part of that DNA,” he said.last_img read more

AAP will fight and win LS polls on its own Kejriwal

first_imgNew Delhi: Ruling out any alliance with the Congress, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Tuesday announced that his party will contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls on its own and hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for not fulfilling BJP’s electoralpromise of granting full statehood to Delhi. Asserting that the upcoming polls will be fought on the issue of full statehood, Kejriwal criticised Modi for not fulfilling this promise as mentioned in BJP’s 2014 manifesto. “It amounts to cheating. They [BJP] should come clean,” Kejriwal said. “The ongoing general elections are also a part of the mass movement for full statehood for Delhi.last_img

Samsung takes on Xiaomi sells 2 mn Galaxy A phones

first_imgNew Delhi: Taking on Chinese player Xiaomi big time, South Korean tech giant Samsung sold two million phones in its mid-price segment Galaxy A series in India in just 40 days starting March 1, earning a revenue of $500 million. Samsung is targeting $4 billion in revenues from its Galaxy A series of phones this year. Earlier this month, it announced Galaxy A20, its fourth smartphone in the Galaxy A series this year. Galaxy A20 is available in India at Rs 12,490. Also Read – Swiggy now in 500 Indian cities, targets 100 more this year In March, Samsung launched galaxy A10 at Rs 8,490, A 30 at Rs.16,990 and A50 in two variants – one at Rs 19,990 and the other at Rs 22,990. “In the first 40 days starting March 1, we have sold a total of two million units of three Galaxy A models in India – A50, A30 and A10. The revenue turnover from these three phones in 40 days is $500 million,” Ranjivjit Singh, Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Vice President, Samsung India, told IANS on Monday. Also Read – New HP Pavilion x360 notebook with in-built Alexa in India “I think this a record for any brand in the industry,” Singh added. “When the rest of the portfolio in A series becomes available, we are sure of not only achieving but exceeding our target,a the Samsung executive said, adding that the A series phones will continue to be available across the channels – both online and offline. Samsung India is now gearing up to launch the Galaxy A70 smartphone with triple camera system next week and the Galaxy A80 with rotating camera in May. “We will launch the Galaxy A70 in India next week in Rs 25,000 to Rs 30,000 bracket and the Galaxy A80 in the Rs 45,000 to Rs 50,000 bracket in May,” Singh said. Samsung earlier announced that it would launch at least one phone every month from March to June this year.last_img read more

HC rejects plea seeking gag order on CJI matter

first_imgNew Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday refused to entertain a plea seeking to restrain the media from reporting the sexual harassment allegation against Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi. A Division Bench of Chief Justice Rajendra Menon and Justice Anup Jairam Bhambhani rejected the plea and asked the petitioner to go to the Supreme Court. “We will not interfere in the issue… Everything is with the Supreme Court. Go to the Supreme Court,” the court said. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework The bench also mentioned that there is a Supreme Court order dated April 20 on this regard. On April 20, the apex court has said: “Having considered the matter, we refrain from passing any judicial order at this moment, leaving it to the wisdom of the media to show restraint, act responsibly as is expected from them and accordingly decide what should or should not be published, as wild and scandalous allegations undermine and irreparably damage reputation and negate independence of judiciary.” Also Read – Trio win Nobel Medicine Prize for work on cells, oxygen Gogoi has rubbished the allegation of sexual harassment against him, saying that there was a “larger conspiracy” to destabilize the independence of the judiciary which, he said, was “under very serious threat”. The Delhi High court was hearing a petition filed by an Anti Corruption Council of India organisation through counsel Hussain Mueen Farooq and B. Sudha. The petition has sought a direction to restrain TV channels, newspapers as well as social media platforms from publishing or telecasting the allegations of sexual harassment against the CJI till the three-judge panel arrives at any conclusion. The petitioner said that he suspected the involvement of “anti-national elements” in the matter.last_img read more